It’s really so much better to sleep in your bedroom when it comforts you, makes you feel better, and reminds you of things that uplift. A visually cozy and soothing room helps you rest well, and wake up feeling nice and happy. What I did with my room is that I got some room decor to add a relaxing ambience to my room. My room was just regular with all my stuff inside it prior to this revamp (too bad I don’t have a picture of the “before”). Now my room became my stress reliever after a rough day. I feel so much better with my room now, and I’m so excited to come home each day either after work, or after a well spent day. It’s very inspiring and motivating. I hope this will also provide you some ideas on how to turn your bedroom into a cozy nook. I know I have used these photos in my previous posts, but I’m using these again.:)
1. For my bed, I got a gray comforter/blanket, which came with a pillow in the same color (see the gray pillow in the middle), and made the comforter/blanket my top sheet. I got some additional pillows in cute designs that are reversible (both sides have different designs), and joined these with the pillows that I already own. I placed the pillows together in the middle, so as to put a visually relaxing effect, seeing these pillows altogether that makes you wanna hug all of it. I love sleeping with all these pillows around me, and every part of my body resting on my pillows, because it helps me sleep better. I also use a memory pillow for my head, which I got from an online store for P500, for it positions my head properly without feeling achy upon waking up. To add an accent or a warm feel to my bed, I just thow in my “winter” scarf last.
2. Now for my hang decals, I have these two reminders by my feet, so when I first open my eyes every morning, I get to read these to feed my mind with good thoughts to start my day. I also have one behind my door (photo to follow).
3. For my coffee counter/area where I read books and plan my day by writing on my planner, I designed it with a decal meant for hanging, but who cares?:)
4. I am such a huge addict of scented candles, and I placed these on my bedside, and on one of my shelves, together with another supposed hang decor. Scented candles make me feel so relaxed.
5. I have these fantastic frames, which now becomes my inspirational wall.
All of these are from the department store. You can actually make some DIY’s, so you don’t have to look that far and buy. However you want to make your world a beautiful place to live in, it’s all up to you. Don’t let anyone stop you. Happy Monday!