I am opening this entry with this feel good song. I am actually listening to this over and over while writing. Let us fill our hearts with faith, hope and positivity. Let’s be grateful and thankful for all the other nations that stood by us in this predicament. We owe them a lot.
Over 43 countries and organizations have done tremendous efforts to help us go through the devastation caused by Haiyan and Yolanda. This will forever be written in the hearts of every Filipino. Thank you.
Here are the countries and international groups who sent different kinds of help (financial aid, in kind donations, response team, rescue personnel, medics, deployment ships and aircrafts, supplies, etc.).
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Photo from http://www.philippinestar.com : The US Corps
International groups as follows:
- Filipino – Malaysian Community
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
- European Union
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Human Affairs (UNOCHA)
- Buednis Aktion Deutschland Hilfe’s CARE, Malteser International and HelpAge
- ADRA, Johanniter Unfallhilfe (German)
- World Vision And the International Search and Rescue Team (ISAR)
- ISAR Germany
- Action Medeor
- Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)
- Aeon Co. Ltd.
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Disasters Emergency Committee, UK (DEC)
- Arab Gulf Fund for UN Development (AGFUND)
- Marubeni (Japan)
- Al Ain (UAE)
- KGL Investment Asia (Kuwait)
- Irish Aid
The world loves us indeed. Let us encourage one another to believe and stay strong. Go out and help.
To send help wherever you are, click these links to know more.
To those based here in the Philippines: http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/issues/disasters/43300-reliefph-victims-typhoon-yolanda-help
To those based overseas: http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/balikbayan/43531-yolanda-haiyan-balikbayan-relief-operations
Photos from http://www.rappler.com